Friday, August 29, 2008

A House Divided

My husband is a Republican. I am a Democrat. Things have been heating up in our household this week. I come home from work, mentally exhausted from trying to help people change their lives, I want to sit quietly and watch the Democratic Convention rally cries of change for our country. I think to myself, "these are my kind of people, they get it". In comes my husband with a grin on his face, set on I'm assuming, a suicide mission as he says, "what are you watching that for you reefer-smoking-liberal commy?" My response is just as crude. "Shut up you gun-toting-bible-beating-war-monger!" And so it will continue until November. What he doesn't know, is that I have a secret weapon. It is called KIDS, one of which, will be old enough to vote by this election. Yes, I have turned my husband's only offspring against him in a strategic move last night. I had Andrew watch Obama's acceptance speech. We talked about how important it was for young people to vote, to make their opinions count in this country, and how Obama's inspiration can be his inspiration. Stefan is a little more skeptical. He actually keeps up on politics and understands that Obama probably can't accomplish one fourth of what he promises, but he does admit that one fourth is better than what we have been dealing with for the last 8 years. Joe Biden sealed the deal for him. The three of us have decided to adopt P. Diddy's campaign slogan, "Vote or Die".
However, we put a twist on it. "Vote Democrat or Die". Mwah-ha-ha-ha! (evil laugh) Take that Mark! If you haven't noticed, I added a goofy picture of me so that my mother feels vindicated for the "Clinton pub incident" and I have also added an Obama news widget, which doesn't quite fit, but you get the gist. I will end with a pic of the cutest baby neice in the world. Just think, if you don't vote for Obama, you will break her little heart. (Guilt, that's my other strategy)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby, don`t you worry, Granny will vote for whomever you decide I should vote for. Granny won`t ever break your heart. But promise me that you won`t watch Aunt Lib pick her nose ever again. That`s just not very nice.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest baby niece ever! Great pics of her. I also like the one of you. Ha! I voted republican for the first time in my life for the primaries. Don't hate me for voting for Ron Paul. I will revert to my original party. Maybe. See you for Thanksgiving! Love, JoD.

P/S Finally you updated this thing!